Pages

Friday, January 15, 2021

Random Thoughts - Divorce

People that know me well know I am currently going through a divorce. My family knows, my new roommate knows, and a few close friends know. Now, if I post this, the world knows.

A note of distinction. I am the petitioning party.

There are a lot of emotions that I've felt as I go through this process. All which are only shared with certain people and almost none of them are shared with my wife (yes, I have reasons for that). I will say, in my experience thus far, divorce is an ugly thing.

I've felt a lot of pain. From the sense of loss to the pain I'm causing. I honestly hate seeing my wife cry. Seeing her depressed. And seeing her in states of fury. These are very uncomfortable things to observe. A big part of me even wants to try to comfort her, but I know that I absolutely must not do that in any way that would show more than a friendly "care."

The kids are the hardest part for me. I do believe this is better for them. Better than seeing their mother and father unhappy all the time. Better than seeing us fight. But it still tears me up inside to know they won't have the kind of family they have been used to having. Yes, there is pain there too.

Just a quick note.

No comments:

Post a Comment