Pages

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Stand Up for Yourself or Sit Down

There are a lot of weak people in the world. The truth is, as humans, we are probably getting weaker physically and emotionally at a similar rate to the post-COVID inflationary period. I would just like to tell you, stand up for yourself, or for others, or shut up and sit down.

I bring this up because my daughter recently stood up for herself while being bullied by another student after school. Because she stood up for herself, society punished her. How? Assault charges. 

My daughter allegedly defended her and her sister’s honor by physically repelling their assaulting bully. Society has no place for this however, in the state of California anyway, which is sad. Because she stood up for herself with more than words, she allegedly committed a crime. I talked to my daughter about what she has been accused of. Whether or not she did defend herself using physical means, I’m proud of her for taking a stand against someone bullying her and verbally attacking her. She should NOT have to stand for that behavior, ever.

Following the alleged incident, the parents of the bully “victim” went to the police to file assault charges against my daughter. Legally, they have every right to do so. Legally they are in their right to go to the police for assistance. Technically, what my daughter is accused of, is illegal.

In societal reality, the people who went to the police because their son allegedly got his ass beat by my daughter need to relook how they are raising their son. They should have come to me or my kids’ mother to discuss the issue. They should also talk to their son about not running his mouth if he isn’t able to back his words up. 

Society is headed, in my opinion, in a downward spiral where talking to each other from behind keyboards is building a false sense of security in us. We can easily shoot angry, hurtful words at people from a distance and know, with most certainty, we are safe from any form of retribution. This sense of security does not transfer to the streets or real life however. In the real world, words start wars. 

I’m not an advocate for violence, but I am an advocate for keeping your mouth shut unless you are willing to fight for the words escaping your lips. If you think you can say anything you want and everyone is just going to take it, you’re wrong. I’m also not advocating for tough guys to spew garbage from their mouths simply because most people are incapable of doing anything to shut you up. 

I think if you run your mouth, you need to be prepared to get slapped. More people in this world NEED to get slapped. People need to wake up and realize there are consequences for the things they say and do. 

If you can’t back up your words with actions, sit down and shut up. If you get called on your bullshit by someone physically, emotionally, or mentally stronger than you, too bad. You lost. That doesn’t give you the right to go get help. There is nothing “right” about getting others to fight your battles for you. 

Stand up for yourself or sit down and shut up!



No comments:

Post a Comment